4 years ago
Saturday, August 16, 2008
Where Did My Energy Go?
Today was my niece's 6th birthday so my Mom and I decided to go up to Logan to help my sister and her husband with hosting their first birthday party. I thought "No problem-I'm a teacher and can handle 35-40 junior high students. A couple of 6-year-olds will be a snap!" Well, I forgot that 6-year-olds have this innate ability to keep going and going like the Energizer Bunny. Not only that, but there was a 3-year-old and 8-year-old in the mix. By the time all the kids left, my sister was worn out, I was worn out, and my Mom was worn out. In fact, on the drive home, I didn't think I'd be able to stay awake (I know-not safe!). I have to say though, that they were some of the cutest kids and my niece has a ton of friends. Nine kids came all together and apparently that was the whittled down list from what my social butterfly niece wanted. I give kudos to all of you parents who do these wonderful things for your kids! I don't know how you still have the energy to do it, but I think I lost mine back in high school somewhere! I dedicate this post to you!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
I want to know when they will run out of energy and I will get a break!! LOL.. you are a great sister to go help your sister like that.. too kind
The trick is that when your run out of energy not to run out of patience too - easier said than done - you're good to help!
I just want it noted on all records by Heather that I was at church today... but Sis cox was sick and she called me to sup for her in nursery.. so that was the hole I was hiding in til the stake pres was able to find me!!
Post a Comment