Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Alas, Forsooth, and All That

Once again, I have returned from my annual trip to Cedar City to watch the Utah Shakesperean Festival. My friends and I started going in 2001 and from the first moment we watched the plays, we were hooked! We left Monday morning and returned last night (Tuesday) after watching 3 plays: "Cyrano de Bergerac", "Two Gentlemen of Verona", and "The Taming of the Shrew". The only one we hadn't seen before was "Cyrano de Bergerac". Every one of the plays was incredible and we had the best time! This is also due to the fact that one of our favorite actors, Brian Vaughn, was back this year. He played the title role of Cyrano and played Lance in "Two Gentlemen" who is a servant of one of the gentlemen. He is hilarious! He has been doing the play for about 14 years and we really missed him when he wasn't there last year. He actually attended SUU! (Can you tell I am totally a fan?!) For "Two Gentlemen", we managed to get FRONT ROW SEATING so we got a great view of everything. Even though we were sitting in the front row, we did not get spit upon. For those who have not been to the Shakesperean Festival, I highly recommend it!

I am trying to act like King Lear. Am I succeeding?

Front row seats-complete with blanket, water, program, and soft cushion!

Angela, Me, and Sommer-the ladies!

Sommer and Scott

We attended a session in the St. George Temple. It was our first time!

3 comments:

Jen said...

I've always wanted to go to a play at the festival! Looks like fun and you scored extra brownie points at the temple! That should help the first half of the school year go smoothly!

Jaqui said...

How much fun was that? I need to get down there for that someday.

Kristin said...

What a great way to round out the summer! Glad you had a great time!