I realize this will be one of many blogs about
Breaking Dawn around the neighborhood, but I believe we all have somewhat of a different experience of it. Friday night beginning at 8:30 p.m., Barnes and Noble held their release party for Stephenie Meyer's final book in the "Twilight" series. Can I say major mess?! Don't get me wrong, it was way fun, but talk about crowds of people! I can also say I've seen some of the worst prom dresses in my life. Anyway, I arrived pretty early on and the first people I ran into was Mindi and her crew wearing their "Edward's a polygamist, right?" shirts. I was totally jealous (and I still want one) and then Jaqui, Jen, and others came. I was glad to see friends. When Angela came, it was all complete! There were games everywhere, no place to sit down and hours of waiting. By the time the night was over, my feet were killing me! It was all worth it to get the book though. Unfortunately, once they started selling the book at midnight, the line was long. Fortunately, I had my cute little wristband, but I was in the 800s. I didn't end up getting my book until 1:15 a.m. That didn't stop me from reading it until 3:00 a.m.! I finished it last night and can I just say how much I love it?! I can't stop thinking about Edward and Bella-and they aren't even real!!!!! Someone commisserate with me that this saga is over! Stephenie Meyer better write more books just as good as these ones or I will cry!!! By the way, those involved with the huge group picture we took outside, I am still expecting a copy!
Party mania pictures:

Angela and I waitng patiently so we can devour the book!

Aren't Jaqui and Mindi the cutest?
Jen and I trying to find sanity...
Yes, this was our place in line. We had great conversations though!
2 comments:
I need more from SM too. I'm looking forward to the movie, and then the readers guide that come out in December. Maybe they can hold off the insanity until she finishes Midnight Sun. I'm so glad you were there. It was a blast. I'll hook you up with the transfers for a shirt.
Thanks for being my Twilight buddy! We definitely need to get you a shirt. How many times have you read it? Wait I don't want to know....I'll just get depressed that I haven't even finished for the first time!
Post a Comment