Sunday, September 16, 2012

New School Year-New Goals

So much for me trying to be a regular blogger.  I guess I shouldn't be surprised that I didn't blog much during the summer-my summer days are pretty much the same.  I really took advantage of the time I had off so that I could relax.  Like my last post stated, it had been too much this last year for me to deal with.  I feel like I have had a good rest and now that I'm a few weeks into the school year, I can take some time to do some catching up.

Like I said, nothing much happened in the summer.  Some of my family and I went to the Oregon Coast and rented a beach house located in Seal Rock.  It was soooo much fun!  We went as far south as Coos Bay and when my Dad met us on July 4th, we drove up to Longview, Washington, where he lives.  When we were there, we went to see Mount St. Helens.  I had a great time and it was truly a relaxing type of vacation.  Here are some pictures:

Beach house in Seal Rock


Amy and I


 Haedyn, Tylee, Jen, Dad, Me, Jennifer at Mount St. Helens
 
 
The only other trip I went on was to San Diego for the AVID Conference.  I love going to the AVID Conferences-I learn so much!  I didn't really take any pictures so that is it for that.
 
 
Once school started, it became busy again.  I have great classes this year and I actually feel good about what I'm teaching for the most part.  On September 8th, I ran my first 5k ever!  My sister started us on this 5k last year, but we didn't actually end up running it.  We finally went through with it and we didn't do too bad.  We got it done within about 40 minutes!  More pictures:
 
 
 Before the race: Jonathan, Kerry, Amy, Me 


 Amy, Kerry, and I dragging ourselves across the finish line!
 


 Shaun, Jonathan, Kerry, Amy, and I after the race
 
 
To end this very long blog, Toni Hull and I have decided that we are going to try to be healthier so we have what we call "The Sticker Games" going on.  We purchased a calendar and individual sticker packets (mine are pirate themed) and we get a sticker for every day we work out, every day we DON'T go out to eat, and another for not eating sweets.  I've been able to do it for a whole week although it has been very hard.  We didn't actually start the sticker for the sweets until Friday and let me just let you know that it's killing me! :)  Good news?  I've lost SEVEN pounds so far!!!!!
 
Signing out... for now!


3 comments:

Kate said...

Congrats on your 5k! :)

Kerry Hoaglund said...

Yay!! We did it!!! And good job on the 7 lbs!! :D I'll try to keep you behaving! :D

Emily,Chris,Sophia,Stella said...

That's awesome about you running a 5k & losing 5 pounds! keep up the good work;)