Once my summer vacation started at the beginning of June, I started reading books like a madwoman. I get to read when I'm teaching, but I usually don't have a lot of time and it's very few and far between when I get to read what I want. I thought I would make a list of books I've read so far. The ones that are starred are the ones I recommend the most:
1. The Historian by Elizabeth Kostova*
2. Eiffel's Tower by Jill Jonnes*
3. Abigail Adams by Janet Whitney*
4. Founding Brothers: The Revolutionary Generation by Joseph J. Ellis*
5. The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner by Stephenie Meyer*
6. The Undaunted by Gerald N. Lund*
7. MEE Speaks But Does She Have Anything to Say by Mary Ellen Edmunds*
8. You Can Never Get Enough of What You Don't Need by Mary Ellen Edmunds*
9. Gulliver's Travels by Jonathan Swift
Okay, so I pretty much recommend all of them. If you are interested in another type of vampire story that is really good, then you should definitely read The Historian. It isn't light like the Twilight series, but way good. You can borrow mine if you want. I thought Gulliver's Travels would be kind of a nice little book about a guy who meets little people, then big people, etc., but it is more of a satire. It was pretty good, but it was a book I had no problem putting down when I needed to.
I have a bunch of other books on my list I'm going to try to get through so hopefully you won't have to wait too long in anticipation of my next list!
4 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment