Sunday, November 22, 2009

Time Out For Women

So I have been remiss in updating my blog. I thought I was going to do so well too... Oh well. I've had a few exciting things happen. The one I'm going to talk about right now is when I attended Time Out For Women two weekends ago. I had heard about this for years, but had never gone. When Sommer asked me if I would be interested in going, I jumped at the chance. We went with Sommer's mom, sister Brittany, and sister-in-law, Marcie.

On Friday night, we headed to the Salt Palace where we heard Wendy Watson Nelson (wife of Elder Nelson) and Sheri Dew speak to us. I loved it! I should have been taking copious notes, but I didn't bring any paper. Jenny Oaks Baker performed that night as well.

On Saturday, we heard talks from Mary Ellen Edmunds, S. Michael Wilcox, Emily Watts, Kris Belcher, and closing remarks by Sheri Dew. Hilary Weeks was there and performed several of her songs. We even got to have CDs and books signed by the authors (I paid a boatload of money on Deseret Book stuff) and we had our picture taken with Hilary Weeks! I've included the pictures that were taken from my phone. Next time I will bring my camera.

I came out of this "conference" feeling a lot better about myself and wanting to do better. I hope I can live up to the expectations the Lord has for me! What great examples I have!


Hilary Weeks

Sommer, Marcie, Hilary Weeks, Me

Marcie, Hilary Weeks, Me

2 comments:

Kristin said...

I went several years ago and can't wait to go again... Love the feeling!

Emily,Chris,Sophia,Stella said...

Next time you go, I would like to go with you!