Friday, September 4, 2009

"No Worries, Mate!"

G'day All! I know I've been back from Australia for about 2 weeks, but it sure has been crazy since school started and my car decided to put me out of my happy place. I can tell you one thing though-AUSTRALIA IS ONE OF MY HAPPY PLACES! I have never encountered nicer people and I will definitely go back again if I am given the opportunity to do so. Amy, Sommer, and I did a ton of walking and stairs were involved in almost all of it. We stayed around Sydney for the most part, but headed to the Blue Mountains where we explored Scenic World in Katoomba and also the Jenolan Caves. We even got to pet a koala (and help drive a boat-see Amy below)!

Probably one of the highlights for me was experiencing the culture and getting excited over boomerangs. I bought 3 boomerangs and I've decided I need to go into the huge field by 6200 South and try them out. If anyone wants to come, let me know. We should do it before it gets cold. I plan on mastering the boomerang before spring so I can show my students.

I also purchased a didgeridoo (spelled many different ways) and had it shipped home so I wouldn't have to worry about it on the plane. It's a smaller one, but it's pretty. No, I don't know how to play it, but I'm sure I can find out how. That's what the internet is for, right? One of my pictures below is an Aborigine dressed traditionally playing a didg.

If you have ever thought about visiting Australia, I highly encourage you to do it. It is one of the best trips I've ever been on!



L to R: Red Kangaroo, Me and the Opera House, Sydney Temple, Amy driving the Deerubbun, Sommer, Me, and Amy with koalas, Me with pretty flowers at temple.

L to R: All of us on HMAS Vampire, Me at Manly Beach,
Amy and I with Sydney in the background, Me and Sommer on
the Endeavor, Me petting cute koala, Aboriginal man playing
didgeridoo.

3 comments:

Emily,Chris,Sophia,Stella said...

Hey World traveler,
Looks like you had a lot of fun on all your trips.

Kate said...

Let's go to Australia right now . . . you in?

marilee said...

What a fun trip! I am proud of you for living it up! Hope that all is going well.