Okay, so after Church today, I was sitting under a blanket watching Season 1 episodes of NCIS (I know, I was so NOT keeping the Sabbath Day holy) when my sister came in from the ward she goes to carrying a Book of Mormon. She asked me why I didn't open the door for the missionaries and I just gave her a blank look and told her that no one had knocked on my door since I'd been home. She proceeded to open the front cover of the Book of Mormon and told me there was no mistake, but that the Book of Mormon was for me. I was very confused and as she handed it to me, I read what was written inside:
"Dear Sis. Green,
I want to take a moment and Thank You for being such an amazing daughter of God, I have learned so much from you. Thank You for having and sharing your sweet testimony, it has blessed so many peoples lives. Thank You for being who you are, I truly have learned so many great things from you, I really appreciate your service and your happy attitude! Thank you for everything!
Love, A Very Good Friend"
Enclosed in the Book of Mormon was a bookmark with a quote from President Hinckley which says: "It isn't as bad as you sometimes think it is. It all works out. Don't worry. I say that to myself every morning. It will all work out. Put your trust in God, and move forward with faith and confidence in the future. The Lord will not forsake us. He will not forsake us. If we will put our trust in Him, if we will pray to Him, if we will live worthy of His blessings, He will hear our prayers."
I don't know who gave this to me (although I have suspicions it is one of my Young Women), but I want to express my greatest appreciation for my Very Good Friend who somehow through the Spirit knew I needed this right now. If any of you who are reading this know who did this for me, please thank them in my behalf. I also want you all to know this quote by President Hinckley applies to each and every one of you. If there is a way I can help relieve your burdens like this sweet angel has helped relieve mine, please let me know. You are all my VERY GOOD FRIENDS!
4 years ago

4 comments:
I love that quote. I definitely needed to hear (or read) that and you have definitely blessed my life. What a great gift!
there are little angels gracing our street.. We got one too!!! But we have no idea at all who it is from.. (It looks more like boy writting) and it refers to Faa as Bro. T???? crazy crazy blessings we receive!!
I made my own blog....it's www.butterflykerry.blogspot.com check it out!
What a nice gift to receive! You are amazing and deserve a to know that.
Why is it so hard to get together? Why is life so busy? Ugh!
Post a Comment